International Programs (IPC)
Dean Sumichrast called the meeting to order and explained Pamplin Policy 495 that the International Programs Committee has representatives of all academic departments and the Dean’s representative for Pamplin in Washington (NCR), two student representatives (an undergraduate and a graduate student). Sumichrast emphasized that IPC is responsible for overseeing the content and quality of Pamplin international programs and for ensuring the rigor of international programs. Sumichrast charged the Committee with providing recommendations to the Dean and Undergraduate Studies and Policy Committee in the following six areas (per Pamplin Policy 495):
- “Study abroad programs offered by Pamplin faculty.
- Exchange programs developed for Pamplin students.
- Extracurricular activities sponsored by Pamplin focused on learning about culture and business outside of the US.
- Relationships which Pamplin maintains with universities and other institutions outside the US.
- Policies and procedures for interacting with universities and other institutions outside the US.
- Strategic initiatives and directions for Pamplin to consider advancing the internationalization of the college, the faculty, and the students”.