Our office offers 30-minute career advising appointments to discuss your career and job search-related questions 1:1. To request an appointment, e-mail our team at email@example.com. Be sure to read our weekly Career Connect e-newsletters each week during the academic year for additional tips, advice, and updates and events and opportunities. Are you a Pamplin student and have not been receiving these letters? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know and get added to the list. See below for additional career resources for Pamplin students.
- Full-time positions are positions with 30+ hours per week. For graduating seniors, the recruiting timeline for full-time positions will typically begin at the start of the Fall semester.
- An internship is a temporary, full-time position intended to give undergraduate students experience in a particular field.
- Externships are short, 1-2 day experiences designed to give undergraduate students a chance to learn more about a specific company and their opportunities, as well as a chance to network. Externships are typically intended for freshman or sophomore students who have not yet taken courses focusing on technical skills needed for the industry.
- Micro-internships are short-term, paid projects that can be completed at any time during the year. Micro-internships are a great way to add relevant experience to your resume. Due to the short-term nature of these projects, they are continuously being added to the micro-internships site, found here.
Certifications are a great way to boost your resume and showcase your skills. For additional training and courses, visit Virginia Tech’s LinkedIn Learning site.
- Accounting & Information Systems
- Business Information Technology
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+ (Net+)
- CompTIA Security+ (Sec+)
- GIAC Information Security Fundamentals (GISF)
- GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)
- (ISC)2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Cisco (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- CompTIA CySA+
- CompTIA Pentest+
- (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- ISACA Certified Information Security Manager, (CISM)
- Hospitality & Tourism Management
Schedule a Career Advising Appointment
1046 Pamplin Hall
880 West Campus Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Phone: (540) 231-6602
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST