Recent Graduate! Now What?
Stay in the Know
Redirect ItemAccess Alumni career resources , redirect
From the alumni job posting board and networking events to mentoring opportunities, check out VT’s alumni career resources page.
Redirect ItemUpdate your contact information , redirect
Make sure the university has up-to-date mailing/contact information.
Redirect ItemRead the latest Virginia Tech Business Pamplin Pulse , redirect
Published twice a year by Pamplin College of Business.
Years One to Three
- Stay in touch with professors
- Ask employer to help recruit at Business Horizons, in-classes, or on-campus
- Look at joining local alumni groups
- Go back to campus for sporting events
- Connect with VT pages on LinkedIn and other social media
Years Four to Seven
- Apply for RAB and other advisory boards
- Increase local alumni group engagement and consider taking an executive role
- Work with your employer's recruiting department to ensure VT candidates are being sought out
- Become a mentor through PUMP or an informal arrangement
Years Eight to Ten (and beyond)
- Continue building out employer relationship with VT
- If in a new city without a major VT presence, build out an alumni group
- Get involved in more senior alumni groups within Pamplin or in certain departments
Find Your Local Hokies
Redirect ItemFind your alumni chapter , redirect
Network and develop relationships with alumni, students, and your local community.
Redirect ItemCheck out HYPE! , redirect
Short for Hokie Young Professional Event, HYPE is a chance to hang out with other young alums, plus find out what's happening at Virginia Tech and how to give back.
Redirect ItemAdvisory Boards, Councils and Societies , redirect
Find out about our Dean’s-Level Advisory Boards and Councils and College-Level Advisory Boards and Councils.