High Job Placement
Pamplin has the Highest Job Placement Rate
Students who were seeking a job after graduation secured a positon within their field.
Median Starting Salary
Dedicated Career Team within Pamplin
The Pamplin Career Services team has working relationships with many different employers.
General ItemCareer Services
Our office works to help students develop professionally and to provide resources and opportunities to assist in their job search. We help students understand, navigate, and connect to the job market by analyzing data, cultivating relationships with employers, and sharing our knowledge with students.
Also visit Virginia Tech Career and Professional Development. They are located at the Smith Career Center and is here to assist all students at Virginia Tech, in all majors, first year through graduate level.
Ways You Can Connect to the Job Market
*Highlights from Fall 2019 Business Horizons
- Business Horizons, the job fair organized by and for Pamplin students, is held on campus each fall and spring.
- “Company Days” in the Pamplin atrium also offer students and employers informal opportunities to meet throughout the semester and discuss jobs and internships.
- Information Sessions are informal opportunities for students to hear directly from recruiters and learn more about the company and the opportunities they have.
- Handshake at Virginia Tech is a free university job board for employers to post openings and students to apply for opportunities.
- The Pamplin Career Connect enewsletter, a weekly email sent every Sunday afternoon, shares employer messages about events, programs, and other opportunities hosted by Career Services.
- Company treks each semester, give students a free opportunity to visit with employers at their offices to meet with recruiters and alumni, learn more about the company and its opportunities, and see firsthand what it feels like to work there.