Some of the files below are in PDF format. You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.
NOTE: Do not complete the forms below in pencil.
- Students who wish to appeal their academic suspension for reasons other than medical issues should use this form.
- The Academic Appeals Committee will meet Friday, June 29, 2018, Monday July 16, 2018, and August 14, 2018
- Submission Deadlines: Wednesday, June 27, 5:00 p.m. (for June 29 meeting); and Thursday, July 12, 5:00 p.m. (for July 16 meeting), Friday, August 10, 5:00pm (for August 14 meeting)
Academic Probation Contract
Students on academic probation should complete this form and submit it to their academic advisor in the first two weeks of the semester.
- Please click here to request academic relief through Cook Counseling
- Please click here to request academic relief through Schiffert Health Center
- Please click here to request relief through Services for Students with Disabilities
Authorization to Take Courses Elsewhere
Students who wish to take courses at other institutions and transfer the credit to VT should use this form.
Students who are requesting a CLE, college, or major course substitution should use this form.
Declare/Change Option or Concentration
Students who wish to declare or change their option or concentration for ACIS, BIT, FIN, MGT, or MKTG should use this form.
Drop Major or Minor
Current Pamplin College of Business students who wish to drop a major should use this form.
- Students who have three or more final exams in a 24 hour period should use this form.
- Exam Change for Spring Semester Deadline: 5:00 p.m. Friday, April 13, 2018
Foreign Language Waiver
Students who are requesting a waiver for the university’s foreign language requirement should use this form. Contact the Foreign Language Department for more information.
Independent Study/Undergraduate Research
Students who are participating in an independent study or undergraduate research with a professor should use this form.
Students who wish to request permission to take more than 19 credits in a fall or spring semester, 6 credits during a winter session, or 9 credits in a summer term should use this form.
Real Estate Restricted Electives Plan of Study
Students majoring in Real Estate must have an approved plan of study for required restricted electives. These courses must be submitted to and approved by the Real Estate Advisor.
Request to Change a Course to Pass/Fail Before Deadline
Students who wish to change a course grade status from A-F to P/F or from P/F to A-F should use this form.
- Change a Course to Pass/Fail before deadline: Monday, February 26, 2018
- Change a Course from Pass/Fail to A-F before deadline: Monday, March 19, 2018
Request to Drop a Course, Add a Course, or Change Grade Mode after Deadline
Students who are requesting to make a change to their schedule after published deadlines should use this form (e.g. add a course after the 5thday of the term). Only extenuating circumstances beyond the student’s control will be considered.
Students who wish to resign from a term should use this form from the Registrar
Study Abroad Evaluation
- Students who are traveling on an exchange or third-party program (not a VT program) should use this form.
- Course syllabi should also be included when submitting this form.
- Please contact Jennifer Clevenger, email@example.com with questions
“W” Grade Policy (Course Withdrawal)
Students who wish to request to apply the “W” grade policy to a course should use this form.
Spring Semester Deadline: Wednesday, May 2, 2018